Vacancy – Casual Senior Assistant
Love painting, being creative and connecting with people? Then we want to hear from you!
Colour My Pot offers a unique creative experience in South East Queensland in our Paint Your Own Pottery studio in the heart of Cleveland, Redland City.
We are looking for a friendly, customer focused and responsible Senior Team Member to join our team in a casual role.
Duties will include
- Provide painting assistance and techniques to customers
- Taking payments
- Supervising juniors who host birthday parties at the weekend.
- Taking bookings via phone and email
- Restocking shelves and supplies
- Cleaning studio and equipment
- Dip glazing of customer’s pottery pieces ready for firing
- Loading and unloading kilns
Hours of availability
- School holidays
- Occasional night time painting sessions from 6-9pm
- Extra events
Hours vary between term-time and school holidays. 2-3 shifts a week during term time (including 2x Saturdays a month) and 4-5 shifts during school holidays.
Previous ceramics experience is desirable but not essential and full training will be provided. You must be able to demonstrate an ability to paint and provide advice to customers looking for help to enhance their pieces. Clay hand building classes are being scheduled for customers of all age groups therefore a knowledge of basic clay hand building techniques would be an advantage.
Candidates must be able to work independently, flexible, well presented and have a professional attitude.
Please address the following questions in your application:
- What previous customer service experience have you got?
- What interest do you have in art?
- Do you have any social media experience?
- Have you worked in an environment where procedures had to be followed?
If you wants to work in a fun environment and someone who enjoys engaging with customers to ensure they have a memorable experience please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Sunday 1st August 2021.